Strange Musings *hyuk*
Monday, September 12, 2005
  5:36 PM — Modern Science
Well, I've decided to debut another blog... I'm not too sure why I'm doing different blogs on different topics, rather than throwing them all in here. Maybe so if you want to follow certain topics but don't want to be bothered with the others, you don't have to look at them.

This one's called Modern Science, and was triggered by a number of good conversations I've had on spiritual blogs about the purpose of science. The goal of the blog is to have a forum to discuss new scientific discoveries, the pseudoscience that has the world in its grip, controversies in science, and the demarkation of science from other fields (such as religion). I hope to stimulate open, honest, and respectful communication in the comments, and encourage all to post questions or discussion topics.

Come visit!
 

Comments:
The Bible(TM) says it, I believe it, that settles it!




Just kidding. Great blog.
 
You're exactly right. A number of people hold the Bible to be the ultimate authority. I look at it like we each think different things are admissable evidence: I believe theories and observations and models are more correct than literature, and they believe that the Word of God is more correct than the senses of mortals and hand waving math.

People who have that opinion will never be able to convince me, and I will never be able to convince them. I can respect them if they agree that my system is self-consistent and do not insist that I change to theirs, but only understand it. Similarly, I try to explain my system so that they can understand it, without trying to convince them.
 
Post a Comment

Main Blog
*hyuk*



WARNING: This blog often contains disturbing stories of science and math as used in every day life.

If you are easily disturbed or a Luddite, surf on elsewhere.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States
ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / February 2004 / March 2004 / May 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 /


Tools

Get more hits on your blog!

website stat
visitors since Sept 2005
Site Stats
Google


My Blogs
Friendly Blogs
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) links
CURRENT MOON
moon phase

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?