9:40 PM — to do list
(retroposted on 8/31/05 5:45pm since I'd written it and saved but not posted)
Just when I was starting to like my newly futon-ed livingroom, it's amazing how many things there are to do before one leaves for a month (3 weeks teaching in PA, 1 week vacationing in London).
- Clean the fridge
- Take out trash/recyclables
- Pack clothes, junk, teaching stuff, etc.
- Stop/forward mail
- Map drive
- Remind landlord I'll be out
- Call doctor AGAIN for July 6 echocardiogram results
- Give mailing addy to parents
- Set work email out-of-office-reply
- Instal OS 10.3, MS Word, etc. on Gir (iBook)
- Make sure all files are on Gir
- Restore iPod playlists, or else build new ones
- Charge electronics
- Shove all the junk in the car
Meanwhile, today I've traded superfluous honks for a left turn signal that doesn't self cancel.Blog 4-Week Forecast:
Severe drought punctuated by occasional blog showers, not to exceed once a week. Extended Forecast:
A cool front should enter the scene by mid-August, bringing hope for increased blogfall through the end of August. Expect dry conditions to return after Labor Day as a el Schoolo
approaches from off the shores of Fall Semester.