Strange Musings *hyuk*
Thursday, June 30, 2005
  8:01 PM — Text Decorations?
I'm working on a new blog template from scratch--anyone who knows me should know that I like playing with html, and now I'm slowly learning CSS. Does anyone know if there's an easy way to do shadows or outlined text? I found some php code that can change background images in my header for me on each load (requires images and the php file be hosted together on a server), but the problem with that is that sometimes my white header text doesn't show up on the image background (as any watcher of subbed anime or foreign flicks would know). I'll keep Googling, but so far I haven't found much.
 

Comments:
Sounds like you'll find what you are looking for but just a note of caution: such special effects may work in one browser and not another. That is the biggest drawback for any special effect - and would you be happy with the look if it doesn't work in a different browser?

Images are usually the way forward to get a consistent look but maybe you'll find a new way of doing it!

Have fun :-)
 
white header? i don't see it. if that'd be your title as static text, a easy way to get around that is to just write it onto the header image itself, with a different color (and/or font) depending on which image you use so that it's readable.
 
Clarification: I'm not posting the new layout here until done. A draft can be found elsewhere.
 
Post a Comment

Main Blog
*hyuk*



WARNING: This blog often contains disturbing stories of science and math as used in every day life.

If you are easily disturbed or a Luddite, surf on elsewhere.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States
ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / February 2004 / March 2004 / May 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 /


Tools

Get more hits on your blog!

website stat
visitors since Sept 2005
Site Stats
Google


My Blogs
Friendly Blogs
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) links
CURRENT MOON
moon phase

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?