Strange Musings *hyuk*
Monday, June 13, 2005
  9:38 AM — England Exchange?
So in August T$ and I are going to London, and I'm trying to figure out what's easiest/cheapest/best for having money there. I've read that ATMs provide the best exchange rate, but I think Bank America charges an ATM fee--at least Fleece used to, of $5. Exchanging cash either here or there could either have a poor exchange rate, or have commission fees. Ditto if we got traveller's checks (which also cost money) and then exchanged them. I guess a bunch of purchases could be done straight on my credit card, which wouldn't have any extra fee, and probably would have a good rate, but that always takes longer. I've also heard that I need my ATM card to have only a 4-digit PIN. Man, Paris seemed so much easier...
 

Comments: Post a Comment

Main Blog
*hyuk*



WARNING: This blog often contains disturbing stories of science and math as used in every day life.

If you are easily disturbed or a Luddite, surf on elsewhere.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States
ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / February 2004 / March 2004 / May 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 /


Tools

Get more hits on your blog!

website stat
visitors since Sept 2005
Site Stats
Google


My Blogs
Friendly Blogs
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) links
CURRENT MOON
moon phase

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?