Strange Musings *hyuk*
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
  10:24 PM — HUH?!
Yesterday a student walks into my office in the late afternoon, and asks "Is A--- here?", using my office-mate's last name only. "He's already left for the day, but you can leave a note on his chair," I reply since it'd get lost anywhere else. "Are you his secretary?"

HUH?!

When I finally got home, I put the top back up on my convertible (yay not snow!) and arrange my skirt to get out of the car. I grab my bag from the trunk and swing my nice dress coat around me to carry it easier. As I step up to my front door, a kid in a gang across the street calls out to me, "hey, my friend wants to know if you're a guy or a girl!"

HUH?!

For my chorus concert on Sunday, we've all been asked to bring snacks for a reception afterwards. I signed up with popcorn since I've a popcorn popper and can easily make it without going out to the store, and I love popcorn. Tonight's rehearsal the Food Lady pulled me aside and said, "You signed up for popcorn..." "Yes, I did," no one before me signed up for salty food. "This isn't really that sort of party. Why don't you bring something else, like tortilla chips."

HUH?!

Oh yeah, that new course I'm designing for Spring 2006? Last Tuesday I find out that it's running this fall, and the paperwork needs to be done in two weeks. We did it, ahead of time even, but...

HUH?!
 

Comments: Post a Comment

Main Blog
*hyuk*



WARNING: This blog often contains disturbing stories of science and math as used in every day life.

If you are easily disturbed or a Luddite, surf on elsewhere.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New England, United States
ARCHIVES
October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / February 2004 / March 2004 / May 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 /


Tools

Get more hits on your blog!

website stat
visitors since Sept 2005
Site Stats
Google


My Blogs
Friendly Blogs
Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS) links
CURRENT MOON
moon phase

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?