8:15 AM — Hidden costs
I wish the chorus had just told me up front what all the hidden costs would be.
- $80 membership dues
- $30 black faux velvet dress and faux pearls. Men have it worse, as they need a tux.
- $3? black music folder, though I now understand any black folder would've been ok.
- Once a year each person has to bring snacks for rehearsal.
- Every concert we're "highly encouraged" to sell at least two tickets.
- This April concert (this Sunday, 4pm) we're forced to sell two tickets--like I think they'll charge us for them if we don't.
- PLUS they want us to bring food for the reception afterwards.
- Oh, and for the concerts at Mechanic's Hall we have to find parking, which can cost $10 easily. And no one believes in carpooling.
Even if it weren't for the continual pressure to rehearse music at home, and the many extra rehearsals they keep sliding in, the cost would be getting a little much for me. There's a good chance I'm going to quit after this concert.